Welcome to the 2018 Season!
Every year, dance teachers and students spend endless hours perfecting routines for competitions. You work hard to achieve great results in your studio, and you deserve to receive the best possible experience at the competitions you attend.
Like you, we at The Ultimate Dance Connection are small business owners who strive to achieve excellence in every aspect of our events. Your experience at our competition matters. It is, in fact, the driving force behind everything we do in the planning and running of our weekends. Studios of all sizes and calibre are equally welcomed at our events, and every aspect of your experience with us is of the upmost importance. The Ultimate Dance Connection is about quality, not quantity. We only run 4 competitions per season to ensure that each weekend is of the highest standard. Come give us a try, and find out why we are the ULTIMATE in dance competitions!
Dates & Locations
A FAVORITE VENUE FOR OUR CLIENTS!
Grand Bend, ON
COME JOIN US AT THE HOME OF THE ESTEEMED DRAYTON FESTIVAL THEATRE!
Find Out Why We are Your ULTIMATE competition choice.
- The ULTIMATE in AWARDS! Equal amounts of awards are given out for competitive and pre competitive entries at each event.
- The ULTIMATE in EXCITEMENT! Our weekends are always upbeat and positive. Our adjudication sessions are like NO OTHER in their unique, high spirited fun!
- The ULTIMATE in EXCELLENCE. From your first phone call to the last awards ceremony of the competition weekend, you can expect the highest quality customer care.
- The ULTIMATE in BALLET. At some of our competitions we offer our special ballet division that provides specialized ballet judges, and gives out 10 overall ballet awards.
- The ULTIMATE in JUDGING STAFF. Special care is taken to select the highest quality judges, who have years of experience teaching kids.
- The ULTIMATE in THEATRES. All of our theatres provide beautiful, professional level stages, backstage area, and generous dressing room space.
- The ULTIMATE in GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. We encourage students from all studios to support and encourage others from different studios, providing a great example that will live as a life lesson to those involved.
A message from the competition director
I have been a competition director for twelve years, and am a huge fan of dance competitions because of the life skills they develop in children. Competitions are about so much more than trophies and fancy costumes. The discipline and skill required to win at dance competitions, like delayed gratification, time management, self confidence under pressure, goal setting, and an appreciation of the value of hard work, are skills that serve dance students throughout their lives.
I began my own association with dance at the age of 5 when I took my first ballet class, and have never looked back! I am a deans honour roll graduate with a BFA in dance from Ryerson University, and I was lucky enough to land my first big role as a professional dancer (Rumpelteaser in “Cats”) before I had graduated. A career in many professional shows such as “Joseph” (original cast with Donny Osmond), “Beauty and the Beast” (original Toronto company and U.S. National Tour), contracts at both the Stratford and Shaw Festivals, and on Broadway in the musical “Show Boat” followed. I have also choreographed over 70 professional productions across Ontario, creating work for “The Music Man”, “Oklahoma”, “West Side Story” and “Anne of Green Gables” to name a few.
I augmented my work as a performer/choreographer with adjudicating, which is where my interest in dance competitions began. Those experiences, combined with teaching young dancers, and being a proud dance mom myself have helped me to understand the needs of students and teachers who participate in dance competitions today.
Take a look at our tour dates and come join us! Our competitions are all about YOU, and providing the best possible competition experience possible.
Anyone who has trained in dance knows that ballet is the most beautiful, artistic, and yet challenging of all dance forms. Usually ballet misses out on receiving Overall Awards because it is marked so critically. Often judges do not have adequate background in ballet so quality critiques are lacking. In order to address these concerns we offer the follow:
* Specialized ballet judges are brought in to give fair and astute critiques in this category
* TEN overall awards are reserved for ballet numbers alone. (see awards page for details).
Whether you are a hard core ballet studio or a regular studio that has a few ballet number that you enter every year, our ballet division will give your ballet entries a greater chance of winning an overall award than any other competition in Ontario! It’s Win/Win!!!!
PLEASE NOTE – OUR BALLET DIVISION IS OFFERED AT CERTAIN LOCATIONS ONLY. PLEASE CONFIRM WITH THE COMPETITION DIRECTOR TO CLARIFY WHICH LOCATIONS ARE OFFERING THIS DIVISION.
We are excited to be offering a Finals dance competition for your studio!
The Ultimate Dance Connection is pairing up with Cadence Dance Finals (www.cadencedancefinals.ca) to offer a multi competition finals for all of its participants. Along with Northern Star Dance Competition, Move with the Beat, and This is It, Ultimate Dance Connection participants can attend Cadence Dance Finals at the lovely Natawasaga Resort in Alliston ON, on July 1-8, 2017.
When you register, simply choose ‘The Ultimate Dance Connection’ as your competition qualifier, and follow the registration process as directed. Enjoy workshops, guest speakers, kids night, teachers wine and cheese, a pageant and awards gala, all in the beautiful surroundings of a lovely resort.
Please visit www.cadencedancefinals.ca for more information.
If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us via our multiple communication channels below. See you in 2017!
Ask for Kiri-Lyn
OUR OFFICE ADDRESS
The Ultimate Dance Connection
3 Elm St.